Thursday, May 26, 2016

It's the Little Things


One of the things that I recently did was put up some pictures in my bedroom. This may not seem like much to some people, but for me it was a big project. So, I had my mother help me tackle it. We printed out a lot of pictures that have been taken of my family over the past year or so. I realized that I had no idea how I wanted to hang the pictures so I searched online until I found a layout that I liked. I actually found 2 layouts that I liked, and since I had a ton of pictures, I decided to do both of them, on 2 different walls of my bedroom.  Then, we went to the dollar store and found a bunch of frames - because, hey, I'm cheap like that. I found 2 different frames that I liked, one size was an 8x10 and the other was 8x8. There weren't enough of the 8x8 frames, but we have several dollar stores in town so I went to each one looking for the exact same frames. They had plenty in brown but the black ones were like finding a needle in a haystack. When I finally got enough for my project, wouldn't you know it, ended up stepping on one and breaking the glass! After another rush to the dollar store, I was ready to hang my photos. I decided to hang the larger gallery picture display above my headboard and the smaller display next to my mirror on the wall by the door. I had my father come over and help me hang the pictures because it's a two-person job. We used command strips (which are a total life-saver and I cannot recommend enough if you're going to do a similar project) to hang all the frames on the wall. One person would hold the picture and the other person would hold the ruler and level so that we could get everything perfectly done. I really like the final result. They turned out better than I thought. The command strips made it so easy to hang in the right spot and they made it so they don't swing or move and get off-kilter like they would if we would have used just nails.


No comments:

Post a Comment